Compañía Minera Teck CDA has asked Expande to prospect the local and international ecosystem to identify technological solutions that respond to the technical challenge “Optimization of the oxidized sulphides concentration process”
As a result of the development of the open-pit mine at Teck CDA, over time, stocks of minerals have been stored which at the time of being extracted did not represent the optimum production to be processed in the concentrator plant, either due to their geological characteristics or due to its low grades of elements of interest. With the exhaustion of copper grades and the need to recover the pit areas where these stocks were stored, it is necessary to process these mineral resources in the concentrator plant. However, due to time and exposure to the environment, these minerals have suffered oxidation processes that mainly affect their behavior in the flotation stages.
Identify technological solutions to optimize copper recovery in the flotation stage of stored ores (mainly oxidized primary sulphides) that are normally fed mixed with fresh minerals in different proportions.
The proposed technological solution must consider the following conditions:
• Easy implementation and/or evaluation in the industrial plant.
• Minimal interference with operation and high degree of reversibility.
• Do not generate adverse impacts in subsequent metallurgical processes.
• Satisfy the safety and security guidelines of Compañía Minera Teck CDA.
• No generar efectos adversos en los procesos metalúrgicos posteriores.
• Cumplir con los estándares de seguridad de Teck.